Chotta Shimla – Taradevi flyover – First flyover in Shimla can be reality soon

SHIMLA- The Queen of Hills could soon have its first flyover, connecting Taradevi area with Chhota Shimla. The 5 km flyover is part of the decongestion plan prepared by the traffic police and submitted to the urban development department. Most of the road infrastructure in Shimla was created during the British rule to cater to the needs of a population of around 25,000 people, but with the passage of time, increase in population – over 2 lakh now – resulted in subsequent rise in number of private vehicles as public transport system failed to cater to the growing demand. Sources said that from Taradevi side the flyover would start near Sankatmochan temple and on the other side would connect at Chhota Shimla. Once constructed, it would cut short around 20-25 km distance, besides reducing vehicular pressure from Shimla town as average 10,000 to 15,000 tourist vehicles enter Shimla on daily basis. Sources said that there is a proposal for 80% funding from the World Bank and remaining 20% will be paid by the state government. ~ TNN

Stay updated on the go with Himachal Watcher News App. Click here to download it for your android device.