7 doctors in Himachal suspended for private practice and being absent from duty
SHIMLA- Seven doctors in posted in various districts of Himachal Pradesh were suspended by the Government for being willfully absent from their duty and involving in private practice or practice with private hospitals. The step was taken after an inquiry was conducted against these doctors. A few more doctors are also under scanner of government.
This list of the suspended doctors is as followed:
- Dr. Prashant Rana, Medical Officer, RH Chamba
- Dr. Dinesh Thakur, Medical officer, RH Bilaspur
- Dr. Ashwani Sammi , Medical Officer RH Chamba
- Dr. Pankaj Sharma, Medical Officer, CHC Nalagarh, Solan
- Dr. Arvind Sharma, Medical Officer, CH Kangra
- Dr. Deepak Thakur, Medical Officer, Bilaspur
- Dr. Pankaj Sharma, Medical Officer, RH Bilaspur
As per the HP Health and Family Welfare Minister, Kaul Singh, these doctors were neither properly performing their duties nor attending the patients. Besides, they were involved in private practice. Thus, violation of services rules, hence put under suspension.
The suspended doctors are stationed at the Directorate of Health Services, Shimla and will not be allowed to leave headquarter without permission of competent authority.
Besides it, the medical officers were directed by the Health Ministry to compulsorily prescribe generic medicines to facilitate easy accessibility of medical care to the poor. It’s a noble profession and great service to the humanity. Suffering people considered doctors next to God. The doctors should also respect and maintain this belief, he said.