HP Cabinet Decisions: Maternity leave for Govt employees enhanced from 135 days to 180 days
Shimla: In the Himachal Pradesh Cabinet meeting held on September 27, the government has decided to enhance the maternity leave to women employees of the state government from existing 135 days to 180 days.
The Cabinet gave the approval to appoint the Indian Women Cricket Team Wicketkeeper, Sushma Devi as Deputy Superintendent of Police in H.P. Police Services under three percent reservation in direct recruitment for distinguished sportspersons.
The Cabinet decided to reserve one seat for Single Girl Child in PG (MD/MS) courses in government medical colleges under the State Quota Seats.
A policy will be framed for ‘Special Educator’ under School Management Committee at par with Junior Basic Trained (JBT) Teachers appointed on contract basis.
The cabinet has given approval to:
- Fill up various posts of various teaching faculty in newly upgraded schools in districts Solan, Mandi, Sirmaur, Shimla, Bilaspur, and Kullu.
- Fill up 9 posts of Assistant Engineers (Civil) and one post of Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) in Irrigation and Public Health Department by direct recruitment on contract basis
- Fill up 50 posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Treasury, Accounts and Lottery Department on contract basis
11 posts of teaching faculty and 11 posts of non-teaching faculty for Architecture discipline in Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering college Kangra at Nagrota Bagwan
- Fill up 3 posts of Assistant Professor (Pharmacy) and 1 post of Assistant Librarian on contract basis in Government Pharmacy College, Kangra at Nagrota Bagwan
- To create 6 posts of Assistant Professor and 1 post of Assistant Librarian for Government Degree College, Pangi in district Chamba on contract basis
- Create and fill up 18 posts of various categories in Government Degree College Thachi in district Mandi including 1 post of Assistant Librarian
- Create and fill up 18 posts in Government Degree College at Narag in district Sirmaur which includes 1 post of Assistant Librarian also
- Create 1 post of Associate Professor and 1 Lecture in Sister Nivedita Government Nursing College, Shimla
To create 21 posts of various categories for upcoming government nursing college at Nerchowk
Fill up 16 posts of Excise and Taxation Officers on regular basis through direct recruitment in Excise and Taxation Department
- Fill up 1 post of Scientific Officer, one post of Sr. Scientific Assistant/Sr. Technical Assistant, 1 post of Data Entry Operator, 1 post of Master Trainer and 1 post of Peon at ‘Appropriate Technology Center’ at Rait in Kangra district
- Fill up 5 posts of Law Officers on contract basis in Secretariat Administration Department
- The Cabinet gave its approval to create and fill up requisite posts of various categories for manning the various upgraded schools in Chopal area of Shimla district which includes Government Middle School Ropari, Lachhog and Middle School Samuhi. Besides, it was decided to fill up posts in recently upgraded Middle Schools to High Schools viz. Karati, Bandur. The Schools upgraded to Senior Secondary includes Jubbar, Ginyah, Rinjat Bharan and Dhotali.
Other Important Decisions
Other Important Decisions
The Cabinet also revised the pay structure of various teaching faculty categories in Sister Nivedita Government Nursing College. Now, the pay structure equates them with Assistant Director Nursing at par with Professor cum principal, Nursing principal at par with Reader cum Assistant professor, Principal Nursing Officer at par with Lecturer and Sister tutor at par with Tutor cum clinical instructor.
A decision was taken to convert 530 Gram Panchayat Veterinary Assistants (GPVAs) on the contract basis who are working under Mukhya Mantri Arogya Pashudhan Yojna and has given five years of service.
It was decided that three-tier ‘Dispute Resolution Process’ in Irrigation and Public Health Department will be constituted to effectively settle disputes between contractors and the department or between two or more parties.
The Cabinet gave its nod to open new HPPWD Division at Nerchowk in Mandi district along-with creation of 20 posts of various categories for manning the division.
It was decided to set up a Government polytechnic at Karsog in district Mandi and to take over the private building of M/s Himachal Baspa Power Company Limited at Urni to set up government polytechnic.