McLeodganj water supply unsafe, contaminated with bacteria, viruses and parasites

SHIMLA- Water being supplied to McLeodganj is not safe to drink. It is contaminated with bacteria, viruses and parasites. The damaged water pipes supplying drinking water in McLeodganj and the leaking septic tanks are to blame. The facts have come to the fore in a study carried out by Cynthia Travis, a hydro geologist from the US. Cynthia said the water flowing from the tap in McLeodganj was not safe to drink. It was contaminated with bacteria, including serratia marcescens which caused urinary tract infections, pseudomonas aeruginosa which caused pneumonia and E-coli which caused diarrhoea, urinary tract infections, respiratory illness and pneumonia. The water was also contaminated with parasites and viruses, she said.

Report: TNS

Stay updated on the go with Himachal Watcher News App. Click here to download it for your android device.