Old Shimla Pics
Simla was the headquarters of Simla District in the Delhi Division of Punjab Province during the British period. It was the hill station linked with Delhi and the summer retreat of the Viceroy from 1864. In the centre of Simla is the large open space known as The Ridge. The colonial-era architecture in the town is notable for its mock Tudor style.