Connect with us

Misc News/Press Release

Skeleton of missing Shimla kid recovered after 2 years from MC water tank near Bharari



Missing Shimla boy skeleton

They had dumped Yug’s body after killing him. The body was tied with heavy stones using rope so that it does not show up on surface, Parents of the deceased boy had been still expecting him to be alive.

SHIMLA- The skeleton of Yug Gupta, a 4-years-old Shimla boy who had disappeared on June 14, 2014 from Shimla’s Ram Bazaar, was recovered from a Municipal tank at Kelston near Bharari on Monday. Initial reports from CID suggest it to be a case of kidnapping for ransom. The team has taken samples for forensic tests. However, CID has not yet spoken openly to media, but said it would hold a press conference on today to disseminate complete information

A team of CID found the remains of Yug Gupta after Vikrant Bakshi, one of three accused arrested on Sunday from Chandigarh, accepted the crime and told the agency about the place where they had dumped Yug’s body after killing him. The body was tied with heavy stones using rope so that it does not show up on surface.

Shimla MC’s claim of cleaning tank twice a lie

After jaundice outbreak in Shimla, the High Court had directed the administration to clean all its tanks. Shimla MC claims that the tank was cleaned twice, which doesn’t go with the fact that they didn’t find the body during the cleaning. The tank supplies water to about 2000 homes including VIP areas of Shimla and yet it was ignored so easily. If further reports confirms the chain of events to be true, then SMC will find itself in an embarrassing situation and guilty of highly irresponsible act.

Two Others Also Arrested

CID team searched the area based on the inputs given by accused Vikrant Bakshi and recovered the skeleton. CID has also arrested the two other accused, Chander Sharma and Tejinder Singh, who were out on bail. Both are residents of Ram Bazaar, Shimla. These two suspects were arrested this June on suspicion, but had managed to get out on bail.

The parents of the deceased boy had been expecting him to be alive all this time and had hoped to see him after the CID had made two arrests in June.

The parents had approached the High Court after police had failed to trace any clue about their missing son after months of registering FIR in Sadar Police Station and CID had also failed despite questioning over 200 people in the case. Following this, the court had on July 12 directed the state government to file a fresh status report within two weeks.

Skeleton of missing Shimla kid recovered after 2 years from MC water tank near Bharari

In the petition, it was alleged that the father of the boy had received three calls from Sanjeevan Jaiswal in the month of August in 2014 demanding ransom. According to parents, there were demanded about Rs. 3 Crores as ransom initially. Later, 10 crores were demanded. The calls demanding ransom stopped after the case was handed over to CID.

The arrested suspects were asked by the CID team to take lie-detector-test, but both of them showed hesitation and escaped it. It almost confirmed CID’s suspicion and they tightened surveillance on them. Now, CID claims to have solved the case and will unfold more aspects regarding it in the press conference today.

Photo: Amar Ujala

Madan has studied English Literature and Journalism from HP University and lives in Shimla. He is an amateur photographer and has been writing on topics ranging from environmental, socio-economic, development programs, education, eco-tourism, eco-friendly lifestyle and to green technologies for over 7 years now. He has an inclination for all things green, wonderful and loves to live in solitude. When not writing, he can be seen wandering, trying to capture world around him in his DSLR lens.

Misc News/Press Release

DC Kangra confirms abduction of 3 Himachalis in Nigeria, CM seeks Centre Govt’s help



Himachali held hostages in nigeria

Shimla: The Deputy Commissioner of Kangra today confirmed that Nigerian sea pirates have held three men hailing from Kangra hostages for ransom.

The state government said it has taken up the matter with the Government of India and requested the safe release of all three hostages.

The step came after the news appeared in regional media.

The State government claimed that in a communiqué to the Western Africa Division, Ministry of External Affairs, the state government said the three youths namely Sushil Kumar, Pankaj Kumar and Ajay Kumar, who belong to Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh have been kidnapped by the Nigerian pirates as per the confirmed report.

Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur has sought the intervention of Union government to ensure the safe release of three hostages.He hoped the union government will act fast and get the hostages released safely.

You can read the entire matter here in HW’s previous article.

Continue Reading

Misc News/Press Release

Govt silent over safety of 3 Himachali youth allegedly held hostages by Nigerian pirates for ransom



Himachali held hostages in nigeria

Shimla: Three youths hailing from Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district, who were serving in Merchant Navy, have reportedly ended in the hands of armed Nigerian sea pirates as hostages. The armed pirates hijacked their ship and demanded a ransom of 11 million nairas (20-22 Lakh INR) from the parents of one of the hostages.

The details are scanty as no official confirmation has been made by the State or Centre Government. It is not clear when they were abducted. 

The news broke out when Raghubir Singh (62) of Nagrota, father of one of the hostages, reached media yesterday.  

As per the information given by Raghubir, the other two men included Pankaj Kumar of Samloti and Ajay Kumar of Palampur.

The three men were currently working for a private shipping company named Max Marine Services in Cortnou Benin.

On March 12, the parents of one of the abducted youth, Susheel Sharma (37), who was the captain on the ship, received a call through a satellite phone. Susheel told the parents that he along with two others had been held hostage in some jungle. He told the parents about the pirate’s demand for ransom in exchange for their release.

On March 21, Himachal had received a shock after the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj confirmed, while speaking in the Parliament, the killing of 39 Indians in Iraq including four men from Himachal. Three of them hailed from Kangra while remaining one belonged to Mandi district.

Now, this fresh case of abduction has again jolted Kangra.

Surprisingly, as alleged by the parents, the Centre or State Government have not given any reaction to the situation.   

The district administration also said it was not aware of the situation.

The parents also alleged the shipping company of keeping them in dark whenever they contacted it to know whereabouts of their son. The owner of the ship told the parents that a negotiation was ongoing with the pirates.

However, recently, the owner stopped picking up phone calls from the aggrieved parents.  

Ultimately, the family on March 18 approached the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and the Prime Minister, Modi,  through a mail with their plea to intervene and rescue their son.

However, the parents allege that they did not receive any satisfactory response from anyone. 

As per the statement of the parents, Sudhir had told them that they are getting only one meal per day. The pirates will starve them to death if the ransom is not paid, Sudhir had told the parents.

Now, the parents do not trust the company anymore and have put their hope on the Government.   


Continue Reading

Misc News/Press Release

Man killed as stone rolls down hill, breaks through moving HRTC bus window in Kullu



Bizzare Bus Accident in Himachal's Kullu

Kullu: A big round stone rolled down a hill and broke through the window of a moving Himachal Pradesh Road Corporation (HRTC) bus that was heading towards Kullu from Rampur today. The accident occurred near Luhri in Kullu.  A co-passenger who was sitting beside the deceased also came in spate and received injuries.

However, the deceased, who was identified as Manohar Singh (60) of Tippal village in Anni, died on the spot.  The injured was identified as Vijay Kumar of Kumarsain. He was taken to hospital in Rampur. 

The death came from nowhere and picked up its prey within a fraction of a second, said the eyewitnesses. The stone hit Manohar right on his head, which was badly crushed.  

Other passengers were horrified by the bizarre and sudden manner the stone broke through the window like a bullet.  

A police team from Luhri rushed to the spot and took custody of the dead body.  The elected MLA Kishori Lal Sagar also arrived at the spot on hearing the tragic news. The body was later handed over to the family after the postmortem.

The district administration provided Rs. 20, 000 to the victim’s family as immediate relief. The HRTC also announced Rs. 10,000 as relief money.  

Continue Reading