Fire break out in Vikasnagar engulfs apartment, but locals saves the day for locality
Vikasnagar locality is facing acute water shortage these days, but luckily, today the residents had received water supply and they had water to control the fire.
SHIMLA- Today, a fire broke out in a residential building in Vikasnagar, Shimla at about 2:30 pm. The most of the apartment on third floor was engulfed by fire. With the help of neighbors and locals, who came into action swiftly, the fire was prevented from spreading to other buildings in congested locality.
No loss of life or casualty was reported. The reasons of fire breakout are not confirmed yet. But according to the owner, Trilok Chauhan, welding work was in progress on the roof and that might have caused a short-circuit.
Neighbors and other locals who came ahead for help made painstaking efforts and emptied their water tanks to control the fire. People ran with buckets and anything that they could grab to splash water on fire.
Due to their efforts, one of the rooms and a lot of household items were saved.
Entire event occurred within a window of 20-25 minutes. Apparently, it was almost over before fire brigade arrived at the spot.Dense clouds of dark smoke created stir among onlookers as they watch it rising from roads and their balconies.
Congested locality, like always, made it a tough task to reach for fire brigade vehicles and equipment.
Although, the family and people tried to save what they could, but sadly, belongings worth lakhs were completely destroyed in the fire.
The apartment had extensive wooden work which worsened the fire.
Vikasnagar locality is facing acute water shortage these days, but luckily, today the residents had received water supply and they had water to control the fire. Along with locals, some policemen also helped to extinguish fire.
Photos: Tarun Sharma