lilled kotkhai accused

Kotkhai Case: They’ve killed him, they will kill me too, says wife of killed accused after making shocking revelations

There appears to be a pertinent threat to her life, and people fear she, as an evidence, will also be erased if not given protection by the government.


Shimla – In yet another shocking twist to the case, the wife of Suraj Singh, one of the arrested accused in rape and murder of a schoolgirl in Kotkhai, who was mysteriously killed in police custody on Tuesday night, has made some shocking revelations. The story she has narrated, if found true, will firmly suggest that the probe of Special Investigation Team (SIT) was an elaborate plan to shield someone.

Suraj Singh’s wife informed that her husband had told her to not disclose the conversation he had made with her before being arrested by the police on July 9.

According to his wife, Suraj had assured her he would be back from jail in six months, and then they will not be poor anymore. He had told her they will live in Nepal after his return.

She made these revelations in a statement given to a Hindi Daily, Dainik Bhaskar. As per the report, she narrated everything she knew.

Before proceeding to more details, for you information, all six accused arrested in the case were identified as Ashish Chauhan alias Ashu (29) of Mahasu (Shimla), Subash Singh Bisht (42)and Deepak alias Dipu (38) of Uttarakhand, Rajinder Singh alias Raju (32) of Halaila, Suraj Singh (29) and Lokjan alias Chotu (19) of Nepal, informed Zahur Zaidi, IG, Southern Range and head of the SIT.

On July 4, when the girl was raped and murdered as per SIT report, Suraj was with his wife throughout the day and night, she said. We worked in the orchards till evening, and Suraj did not leave the house afterwards, said Mamta, his wife.

On July 5, Raju, one of the arrested accused, and two other unknown persons met her husband. They had a long conversation. On July 7, police picked up some people of our community (Nepalese), she said.

The owner of the orchard in which they worked told her that a dead body of the girl was found in the woods. Police had called them for questioning, she was told. Her husband returned home by evening with Lokjan alias Chotu. He informed that the police released us all, except Raju.

On July 9, Raju and Chotu again asked Suraj to come outside the house to talk. Again they had a long conversation during which two unknown men also joined them, she said.

The men were about 30-years-old, she said, adding that she can identify them if she is shown their photographs.
Next day, Raju, Chotu, and Subash came and took Suraj with them. Suraj talked to me for about half an hour before leaving, she said, as tears trickled down her cheeks. He embraced the children and said they will have to face some suffering to lead a good life. Suraj said he would meet her in Nepal. Police case will take about six months, he told her.

Some people (whom she addressed as ‘Sir Log’) will send her and the children to Nepal, he told her. We will be able to free our land which is currently in possession of his brother he had said.

After that, we received news of his arrest, and then death!

She alleged her husband was lured with money to walk into this trap. Higher officials are involved in this. She feared she would be killed too like her husband for making these revelations. For fear of life of her children, she was silent until now, but she isn’t afraid to speak the truth, she said.

There appears to be a pertinent threat to her life, and people fear she, as an evidence, will also be erased if not given protection by the government.

According to a recent report published in Hindustan Times, the mother of Raju, another accused, Kesari Devi, also alleged her son was falsely framed in the case. As per the report, she claimed Raju had taken her to Indira Gandhi Medical College & Hospital on July 5. She showed some medical reports, insisting her son was innocent.

These revelations have given already suspicious people another reason to believe that the SIT investigation was botched up, and arrests were a farce. Now, public, parents of victim girl, and family of accused killed in custody are hoping Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)will at least carry out a fair probe.

Though there is no official confirmation yet, we learn the CBI SIT has arrived in Shimla to take charge of the investigation. So far, the chain of events strongly suggests that the credibility of HP Police and the State government is at stake here.

Stay updated on the go with Himachal Watcher News App. Click here to download it for your android device.